Saturday, June 21, 2008

Range Planning

So...we had to take a photo of a display window, then do a clandestine survey of the chosen shop. I got a very good set of photos from one shop (super duper nice). They even allowed me to take photos inside the shop and moved the clothes so that I could take photos of the mannequins from the inside. Unfortunately, S told me to choose the other one instead instead since the demographics of the first one "ESSE" couldn't properly be pinpointed. But I loved their dresses anyway. I bought two dresses from them a summer or so ago.

Then, I had to go inside the shop and check the top to bottom ratio, the fabrics used on the woven and knit fabrics, the price range of the garments and the lay-out of the store. Managed to get some of the details but had to go to the other branch to do the the fabric requirements since I didn't want to be recognized by the staff in the other branch. hehehe

Tonight if I can manage it, I have to design clothes on full bodied figures in order to reach the 30-50 design requirements by Wednesday. I already have my trims and my fabrics as well as the prices so I'm not stressing about them. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish everything by then.

We have 5 weeks to finish but S said we have to follow the timetable she prepared otherwise we won't be able to do everything in time.

Next week, S is going to look at our designs and then help us choose 15 garments for our capsule collection. From those 15 garments, we need to do flat trade sketches of them. The week after, we have to do costing and sizing.

Whew! Lots of work but I'm learning a lot. =)

No comments: