Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fabric Hunting...



...resulted in me spending nearly 500AUD. I was looking for a particular fabric, silk crepe, but didn't want to spend a lot on it after spending over 500AUD on my ball gown. Then, miracle of miracles, Steve, the school technician, said he had fabrics over at his shop. A bit skeptical but still hoping to look for good deals, I was amazed at the range of fabrics he had. They weren't on a roll but remnants but still! They were sooooo soft. I loved the silk, silk cotton, cotton voile! I was literally turning things over just looking for fabrics. 

And the prices? Hah! I bought his taffeta for 25AUD per metre when they retail about 80AUD at Tyler's. I decided to buy as much as my budget could afford in order to prepare for next year. 

Here are some of the fabrics I bought. You can't really tell the quality based on the photos but trust me, they are amazing!














No comments: