Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oakley Event Dressing


It was a disaster from the point of view of the production manager but it was a success for me. =)

I was hoping not to get any of the tricky fast changes. Guess what? I got assigned to said model. Waaaah! But afterwards it was actually a great break because the guy was such a pro. He knew what to do and even gave me tips on how to do stuff to make it easier for both of us. Later on (after I googled him), I found out that he's been modeling internationally so he really knows his stuff. Thanks, D!

***

The show started on a shaky note when the song change didn't happen but the show went well as it progressed. However, towards the end, the order of the models wasn't followed. At the finale, when the models were supposed to stay on stage, half of the models left the stage leaving just 3 of the first group looking around in surprise.

The audience clapped enthusiastically but R, the production manager, wasn't very happy.

I don't blame her. They did rehearse it before the show and for it to turn out that way was a bit disappointing.

Anyway, I guess that's one thing to keep in mind when organising things such as fashion shows.


Here are some of the photos from Oakley's website.

I must say, they really have cool stuff. It made me want to go skiing.


I don't know if this is the same ski coat but the ski wear kinda looked liked the one above and below. The models said they were really nice and warm. They really looked cute, too.







2 comments:

sarah said...

i love that white coat. i actually need a new ski bunny jacket. they must sell oakley in japan hmmmm


happy new year!

Driven said...

I believe they do. It was a regional sales conference and they had representatives from the Japanese branch over. I believe Oakley in Japan is actually doing pretty well despite the recession (I got that bit from their representative during his speech. =P)

Happy New Year, too!

I hope you enjoyed your trip back to South Africa.