Monday, February 1, 2010

@ Work

Aside from interning at L's, I have decided to do work experience at S. So now, I work two days a week at S and two days a week at L's. S' is more of a factory setting. He has a small shop out front where he sells fabrics (he used to sell pjs and other sleepwear) and he has a factory out back. With S, I do various stuff, such as doing pattern, cutting fabric, selling fabric, attending to customer enquiries and sewing. It's not a design house so there are no mood boards or range plans but he does the manufacturing of garments of some of the labels sold in Australia or exported to other countries.

At L's, I did two toiles (one was sewn very badly due to the fact that I have no love lost with overlockers particularly overlocking knits), gave my opinion on and even modeled his designs, did quality control, and assisted in packing his garments for delivery.

For some reason, I find it more exciting working there. It's more laidback for some reason even though I do more compared to what I do at L's. Then again, it's probably because of the time. With L's I work from afternoon to evening where my energy level is on the wane whereas I work from morning to afternoon at S.

Anyway, I'm just grateful that I'm given these opportunities to work and to learn from these people.

No comments: