Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Sketching

Haven't done much drawing these past days since ...it's the Festive Season and I was thinking about the presents I was going to give to V. I did manage to sketch some of my ideas in preparation for the final requirement at school. But they're still sketches, I need to finalize them and soon. But...not just yet. I do have to think about my upcoming birthday and the New Year celebration, y'know. *Pffft. yes, another lame excuse.

One thing more I haven't decided on is my style of drawing. Looking at my drawings and my drafts, my drawings aren't consistent in terms of style. It can look "Fantasy-like", "Anime-like", or just plain average. I know I have to develop my style but right now I don't know which style to choose. Then again, should my future plans come into fruition, the drawings would just be a guide and not something I need to dwell on. As they say, it's the creativity you display that matters.

I've been reading a lot of blogs, trawling through fashion websites to really get into the fashion psyche. Some get it immediately; some seem to be born with it; and then, there are people like me who has to exert effort to understand it. But I'm not complaining. It's all a matter of perspective and what you do with it. In my case, I love learning. In fact, I consider myself a student in the University of Life *how cliche but true* I may become a master of something someday but I'll be a student in other areas of my life.

For now, it's all about business and fashion, separately at the moment but together in the future. =)

No comments: