Friday, February 22, 2008

2nd to the Last Week

We just continued working on our final projects today in both class.

I showed C my completed illustrations and she gave positive feedback in all except 1 - the fur. As expected, it needed to be redone. Since I still had problems rendering fur, I just decided to do a new set of clothes on my template. Instead of fur, I drew a satin - chiffon blouse - Satin for the bodice and billowy chiffon for the sleeves. For the bottom, I drew a simple grey cotton pants. Added more folds to the back of the knees where the leg was bent as instructed by C and my drawings were done. Now I just have to organise my flats, think of a background for them, and my inspirations and colour palette.

For the Life Illustration, I copied - note: not traced - my original drawing of the two models and redrew it using a combination of gouache, marker and coloured pencils. I initially didn't want to draw the faces but when I got home, I just felt that I had to. And I had to do a bit of touching up on the chin of one of the ladies since it seemed to be too pointy. The white ink was too obvious so I had to draw a choker around her neck to camouflage it. All in all, I think I did well. I just need to add in some background stuff and my final project ofr Life Illustration is done - a poster. Next week, I can put them all in my plastic sheets and not worry about them.

Tomorrow, V will accompany me to the city to buy sewing materials for my patternmaking and garment construction class. =)

No comments: