Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Final Project

A week and a half to go before before my classes end. Before that, I still need to finish my final project. Two if I include the poster requirement for Life Drawing. Did I mention I got reprimanded last class in LD? Served me right for being too forward and forgetting my manners. But it was cool afterwards.

Anyway, I've finished my fashion poses two week ago but when I started drawing the clothes on the figures, it just felt wrong. So I kept changing and changing and changing and even when the rendering has been completed, I redo it. If I weren't so nitpicky with what I'm doing, I'd probably be done by now. But I'm not doing it just for the sake of handing in something. I want satisfaction in what I do. The fact that I'm waaay older than the others (late 20s is old to late teens)means I have to do much more than the others. Time is a-ticking.

I've already decided on my theme - Renaissance Woman. A strong-willed independent woman who is not only fashionable but who is smart, appreciates art, and curious about the world. Then when I took a step back, I started thinking that maybe Modern Woman is a better theme. Note that I have problems with vague-sounding-ooh-inspiring words. I'm not a wordsmith much to my everlasting dismay. Or I could just title it - Attempts of a Struggling Fashion Design Student at Rendering Fabrics and Drawing Fashion Poses as Required by the Fashion Drawing Class of the Melbourne School of Fashion. Hehehe

I still have to think of a background for my storyboard. And the accessories, too. Aargh.

Ah, well. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments: