Monday, March 10, 2008

Zac Posen for Target Australia

I've only read about Zac Posen in Fashion commentaries but never really paid attention to his creations. Things I know about him: 1)showbiz people wear his clothes, 2) P. diddy is his financier (if I remember it correctly and 3) he is one of celebrated young designers today.

When the L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival came to town, I didn't really want to attend the fashion shows, especially when I saw the schedule. Most of the fashion shows were scheduled at night. I wasn't in the mood to travel to nearby suburbs just to watch the fashion shows. I convinced myself to just buy the fashion magazines (Collezioni for one) and focus on the photos there. Then, towards the end of the festival, the info about there having a fashion festival in town suddenly filtered into V's consciousness and he egged me to go. So, I checked the schedule again and found a fashion show that fit into both our schedule - Target's Target Rocks Red Market at Central Pier at the Docklands. It was on a Sunday, the last day of the festival and it was at 2.30PM (local designers) and 4.30PM (International designer).

We got the 4.30PM show. And when I saw the clothes, I think that was the only time, I got frustrated with the lighting. I wanted to see the damn clothes in all their glory. And record them, too, for posterity. Hehehe. But with just my digital cam, I couldn't capture the clothes. But what I saw really made me an admirer of Zac Posen.

Here are some of his designs. I took them from the Zac Posen Brochure.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting models.