Thursday, December 11, 2008

Done with 1st year

Yesterday, I finally finished all of my garment construction projects. I had to redo the sleeve with placket and collar since the ones I've made on my shirt was soooo bad. M said she couldn't pass the shirt as is. I had to come in for private tuition but since there were others who were doing it with me, the cost wasn't as bad. In addition, I learned a few tips and tricks from M. Wish she was there when we were doing the shirt but all that is in the past.

****

So, today, I went to school supposedly for fitting. I volunteered as a dresser for the school's graduation fashion parade on the 17th. The model I was supposed to fit wasn't scheduled to come in til Monday so I helped around instead. The clothes made by the 3rd years were really good. I wasn't able to take photos because I didn't bring a camera but I will on Monday. Sneak peak. hehehe

I'm really looking forward to the event, it will be held at the Crown Palladium this year. This will give me the experience and confidence (I hope) to be a dresser when I start working with PP.

3 comments:

sarah said...

sigh - your life sounds exciting... like the beginning of a movie `she was once only a student of the fashion industry... but now fashion is HER slave`

hee hee

Driven said...

Ahahaha. I like the sound of that! If only it were true....hmmm...who knows when that will happen!

Driven said...

Now, if only I'd be able to go to Japan and soak in all that culture, like you're doing, I'd consider it a sign of good things to come. =P