Monday, April 19, 2010

Marketing Plan

I was supposed to upload some photos but then we were given this task to make a marketing plan. I had been undecided for the past weeks and now I have this week to finish it. Procrastination is never good especially if you're supposed to hand in what essentially would be your mark for the course.

So, I have decided on Roger Vivier. Yep, him again. This time it's not about the man but the brand. It's a bit satisfying showing continuity in my assignments.

Now the problems I've been encountering. I just realized that I had no idea whatsoever how much luxury brands spend on their advertising. I know that the likes of Chanel and Hermes never do TV ads unless it's for a perfume (Chanel) and they would only (as far as I know) only advertise in say Vogue US but how do they maintain brand image? Sure they use celebrities to promote their products and they come up with collections every season but do they really just depend on those? I find it intriguing to say the least.


question-mark.jpg

No comments: