Friday, May 14, 2010

Visual Merchandising

We went to Oswald Sealy and Mei+Picchi today. They have two names but they're in one place. Visual Merchandisers / Installation Artists apparently go to them to buy or rent items for shop windows and exhibitions.

Amazing stuff.  I didn't know they have different kinds of mannequins now, from the traditional to the fibre glass to size zero dynamic mannequins (they're from New York).









Then we went to RMIT's Visual Merchandising Department and I got depressed seeing how they had their own cutting studio and painting studio. They even get their own mentors and they work with different companies like Ray's and Country Road which gives students the opportunity to work with industry people while still studying.

Oh well. I'll just keep on working on my thing.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this blog post.
If you like visual merchandising, I think you will enjoy my blog, Retail Details. It's all abut store displays. View blog here...
http://www.swirlmarketing.com
~Becky
Retail Details blog

Driven said...

Hi Becky,

Thanks for commenting. i checked out your site and you have amazing stuff there.

Unknown said...

Hi
I would like to ask about the diploma of visual merchandising at RMIT Australia? Is it good and worthy to pursue? I am in Asia's country and I want to study abroad about Visual merchansising. RMIT is one of my choice. So.. Hope to hear from you soon! Thank you so much friend! thank you

Driven said...

Hi Phuong,

Terribly sorry as I wasn't checking the comments section.

I didn't go to RMIT but I have heard good things about their fashion courses. I think we visited their campus once and the students' VM projects were great. They even had the opportunity to work with established retailers.