Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hectic Week

After the mess up with the schedule of classes, I managed to make the schedule work for me. After a few emails and a meeting with the business coordinator, N, she allowed me to skip the Customer Service classes so I could go to my work placement at Blue Illusion. She emailed me all the lessons and I'll just have to come in for the test.

So starting last week, I did work experience at Tresur Knitting Factory, helping to steam knit garments, cut out patterns on knits, cut out samples for colour cards and basically do the repetitive but time consuming tasks. It was also the first time I saw the massive knitting machines. It was so different from the tiny Singer knitting machines we used in school. The old Greek ladies were fun to be around. They just talk and work at the same time. No dilly-dallying. They come in between 7.30 to 8.00 am and leave at 4 - 4.30  pm, have a 10 minute snack in the morning and about 30 minutes of lunch. Not that they were being told so, they just work, break, work. It was great just observing and trying (yes, trying) to help.

Today was my last day there and M, my lecturer, treated me to lunch. And I got myself a knit shirt as a memento. =)

And while that was being happening, I had to visit the dentist (and will have to go again tomorrow), review for a test, visit one of the potential offices and buy trims for millinery.

No comments: