Saturday, July 10, 2010

Presentation

Last Tuesday, we had to present our Store Competitor and Buying Plan to the class. After considering the massive task of identifying classification of ranges, fabric content per garment per classification and price per garment per range, I decided to concentrate on a more manageable store - I picked Calvin Klein Underwear. It was a wise decision I later found out.

R thought she would also have a more manageable store. Unfortunately, she picked MIMCO, an accessories store without thinking that the accessories classification was wide: Kinds of Accessories - Bags, jewelry, hair accessories, wallets, etc. Subdivisions under each classification: Bags (Shoulder bags, hand bags, totes, clutch, etc), Fabric content for each, etc. Some of my classmates were at near breaking point. Add crashing programs and lost spreadsheets and there were tears all around.

But we did (most of us did) finish on time and were able to present on time. Best of all, I found out that I had the best presentation (yey) and my lecturer asked for copies of my powerpoint presentation to give to some of my classmates as a basis of making presentations. Then, I regretted not putting my name on my power point presentation. Oh well.  Next time.

Yesterday, we got our marks back and I got 99%. One point was taken off because I didn't have a uniform format in my spreadsheet. =( Lesson learned. Take time to format everything. =)

No comments: