Monday, February 7, 2011

Back from my US Trip Part II

After Georgia, we flew to Florida, less than an hour's flight away.

After cold Georgia, it was a relief to finally have the sun on my face and feel the heat on my skin. What I did notice in both states is that the places are just so far apart. Wide open spaces. You definitely need a car when you're in these states. They say New York is different with its subways and proximity to almost any place. But I wouldn't know.

It was hard not to be reminded that we were in Disney World. Everywhere we looked, Mickey Mouse was there. But I didn't care. I wasn't there to go to the theme parks (though I did go to one), I was there to check out the shopping outlets. =) I went to Prime Outlet at International Drive (it's called Premium Outlet but locals still refer to it as Prime as there's another Premium Outlet at Vineland Ave.) and had fun browsing and buying things at Neiman Marcus Last Call, Saks Fifth Ave Off Fifth, Coach Factory Outlet, Calvin Klein, Guess, etc.




Since I wasn't the type to worry over being on trend, these last season's merchandise at heavily discounted prices, were a sight for me. One of the items I bought was this





I love the way it just envelopes my body. It's made of thin polyester (I'm not a snob; I do wear polyester) but mimics the feel of silk. And it's blue!


No comments: