Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Task

Bought 3 metres of cotton fabric yesterday. I'm going to try to sew a shirt, the shirt I did for class but with a bit of variation. I'm going to shorten the sleeves to 3/4.

I'm also thinking of turning the 2 (or less) metre of silk fabric I bought last year into a long skirt. Dunno how I'll go with that.

Will update on how I go. I'm still waiting for them to dry since they have to be we washed prior to being sewn to avoid shrinkage of the final product.

UPDATE: I've ironed the fabrics and have cut the cotton fabric using my school patterns. Now, I understand all those red marks and notes on my patterns and why my notch placements were wrong. Not to mention, those pesky 3 mm differences. Whohoo, I really did learn something from school. hahaha

2nd UPDATE: I've finished hand sewing the shoulder seams, the princess lines, and the back yoke. Unbelievable! I didn't think I'd have the patience to hand sew not to mention to make my stitches small! I had to make another adjustment to the neck since I forgot to add some allowance when I decided to turn the button down shirt pattern to a closed one. I'll be attaching the fusings later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh... does that mean you handle sewing machines now? :)

Driven said...

kinda. I can sew on an industrial sewing machine but I still prefer using my domestic one. It's not as scary as the former.