Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ginza Fashion

In preparation for my upcoming trip to Tokyo, I started surfing the net to see what clothes I need to bring. I can't use Melbourne weather as basis since we're in the middle of summer and currently in the middle of a heat wave with the temperatures in the 40s. Today, the temperature is expected to reach 44 degrees. Poor tennis player. Nadal was dripping in sweat while he was playing in court last night.

Based from little research I've made, we'd be arriving at the tail end of winter although I've read posts where it states that February was the coldest month. So, I went online and found these photos of pretty girls whose photos were taken in Ginza.

I don't think I'd ever be as fashionable as these pretty girls are but there's no harm in dreaming, eh? Photos from this site, Style Arena.



Is this layer-on-layer? I'm a fan of it. I also like the ear muffs.



I like the collar of this one, not to mention the length.



Love the dress, not the leggings.




Colour of the leggings contrasts too much withe the light colours. Not fond of bunching up leggings as well.



Don't like the boots, but I like the style of the jeans. I don't wear tight jeans but on some people, they really look good.

5 comments:

sarah said...

you are coming to JAPAAAAN!!! woo hoooo! when are you coming? for how long?

sarah said...

have any questions?

Driven said...

hi! arriving in narita on the 22nd of feb. we'll only be there for 8 days though and we'll be concentrating in tokyo, yokohama and one more town surrounding tokyo.

we figured we should take in japan one major city at a time. so there'd be another reason to return. lol

yes, i have some questions! how cold will it be during that time? what clothes should I bring???

I know I shouldn't rely on these photos since young ladies seem to handle cold better which just goes to show that I'm not as young as I feel. lol

sarah said...

yay yayay! you will have so much fun!

all the cities in japan are worth a visit, so its good to spread yourself out so you dont get overwhelmed! ;)

hmmm... the cold...well, i live in sapporo and it is currently -6 celsius and i am one of those crazy kids who can wear a skirt in any weather! so maybe you shouldnt judge by my temperature gauge ;0

but i know that tokyo is a lot warmer than sapporo... maybe chilly in the morning and evenings. so the key is layering!

yay!

Driven said...

oh, no! I'm the type who bundles herself up when the temperature hits below 10 degrees. Yes, 10 degrees, which means I'd probably be shivering to my bones at below 0 degrees.

Layering...okay. Noted.

Thanks a bunch!