Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whew!

After that very brief holiday in Cairns, I quickly got into the groove by having my work placement at BI. It was a great opportunity to work with J. Just watching her calculate and project sales was a fascinating process. The past week and the last few days made me realise I missed working  in the corporate world. While others loathe it (cue dear hubby of mine), I seem to thrive in it. I enjoy working with people who know what they're doing and who make me learn, too, by entrusting tasks to me.

And it seems, the feeling is mutual. Today, the talent manager asked if Jd and I could continue working for the next two weeks just to help out J until the other lady comes back from her annual leave. The great thing about it is that it's going to be paid work (that is if I heard it right. yippee!)

Also, I got a call from MYER saying that they received my CV via the school and I was invited to a group interview next Wednesday. It's for the Christmas casual position and while it's not a permanent position, I think it's a good way to experience working at MYERs. I was emailed what to expect and hopefully, I get it.

It's going to be a busy week starting this weekend. I was given the opportunity to visit one of BI's retail store which I believe is one of their top earners. It's this Saturday. Sunday and Monday, I have to review for the Customer Service Test. Wednesday, I won't be attending Millinery as I have to attend the MYER interview. Thursday and Friday, I'll be in BI for (hopefully) my paid work.

Funny how things seem to come together once the ball starts rolling.

Here's for more things to come!

No comments: