Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Done with BI et al

Finished my temporary casual employment at Blue Illusion. It was such a stimulating experience. My brain was fried just trying to absorb everything J was teaching. But it was great! It just strengthened my belief that I should be on the business side and not on any of the creative side.



The space I occupied while at BI

***

I forgot to mention that MYER called me up a week ago. It was a bit funny since the HR person basically said I passed the interview but could I go to their website and apply online? Apparently, the one I sent via the school either got lost or wasn't placed in the system. So I did and the next day, the HR person said that I would have to attend a two-day orientation in late November. I haven't received any official documents though so I still don't know if I will be working this Christmas. Fingers crossed!


***

I finished and submitted my hat today.



It was a fun project although I found it a bit annoying how the sinamay started fraying / breaking while I worked on it.

I blocked the crown but I did free form with the brim.

In the afternoon, I went to Rich for work experience. S, who I bumped into on the tram, needed help with quality control and asked if I could help. In return, I could ask her questions with regards to the company for my assignment. And I asked heaps! In the end, it was a good exchange. I even got two free garments from their clearance sale rack. I might go back to buy some more garments. =))

No comments: